[Haskell-cafe] Please take the State of Haskell, 2011 survey

David Pollak feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 22:01:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Tom Murphy <amindfv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for running this again: very informative.
>

> "We ought to be able to write a library with a Par monad for distributed
> parallel algorithms."
>
> If someone were to do this they might want to start here:
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/parallel/monad-par.pdf
>

> "I've started thinking about writing a medium sized tutorial, perhaps 60
> pages or so, covering everything you need to know to be able to write
> production quality Haskell code."
>
> This would be such a valuable resource for the community.

+1

If you need any help with the tutorial, I might be able to help.  *Beginning
Scala* is reputed to be approachable by a broad range of developers and I'd
be happy to try to apply my approach in *Beginning Scala* to Haskell
(although, I stand in slack-jawed awe of both *Learn you a Haskell* and *Real
World Haskell* which are both amazing works.)

Simply Lift http://simply.liftweb.net
Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Blog: http://goodstuff.im