[Haskell-cafe] Lifting an enumerator

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 19:23:16 CEST 2011

The type signature

    liftEnum :: (Monad m, MonadTrans t) => Enumerator a m b ->
Enumerator a (t m) b

expands to:

    liftEnum :: (Monad m, MonadTrans t) => (Step a m b -> Iteratee a m
b) -> Step a (t m) b -> Iteratee a (t m) b

So you could implement it iff you can define:

    lower :: (Monad m, MonadTrans t) => t m a -> m a

Which is not possible given the standard MonadTrans, but maybe
possible with a custom restricted typeclass such as your
MonadTransControl.