[Haskell-cafe] GHCI Feature Request: Last Successful Compilation State Saved

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 22:59:14 CEST 2011

Hi all,
I would like for the GHCI interpreter to save its environment before
reloading a file and allowed the user to revert back to that state if the
compilation was unsuccessful.

Many times I've changed files, loaded them, hit a compilation error and
needed, for example, the inferred type signature of some function. Even
though that function hasn't been changed I have to either fix my code, undo
a bunch of changes or comment out the last change I made and reload in order
to do a ":type" on the function. This really breaks the flow of development.

Thanks for considering.

-deech