[Haskell-cafe] GHCi and Cairo on Windows

smeltzek at eecs.oregonstate.edu smeltzek at eecs.oregonstate.edu
Mon Dec 5 09:23:48 CET 2011

In effort to keep my work cross-platform, I am trying to get GHCi and
Cairo working together nicely on Windows (as a back-end to Diagrams,
if it matters.) When loading the library in GHCi I get the following
error:

package `cairo-0.12.2'

I am able to build, link, and execute successfully using 'ghc --make'
so I know the libraries are installed correctly. I'm using GHC as
packaged in the most recent version of the Haskell Platform and the
most recent all-in-one Windows bundle of GTK.

I've seen quite similar errors reported months ago with no apparent solution.

Any help would be appreciated!

--Karl