[Haskell-cafe] Neither of the sparks are converted into OS threads but parallelization happens surprisingly!!!

Burak Ekici ekcburak at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 09:51:56 CET 2011

Dear List,

I have a point misunderstood!

I am using second generation strategies of Haskell to parallelize some
number of algorithms in Haskell.

The missing point here is that:
In some cases, neither of created sparks are converted into OS threads,
but parallelization happens surprisingly, when I use threadscope to see
what had happened during the evaluation.

What happened to me was that 2 sparks were created one of which was pruned,
none of which was converted into OS threads and the last one was missing, however,
parallelism happened!!! I wonder what is the reason for this?

Could someone aware, please shed light on the issue?
Thanks in advance.

Saluti,
Burak.