[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: hxournal-0.5.0.0 - A pen notetaking program written in haskell

Ian-Woo Kim ianwookim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:42:32 CET 2011

Hi, Ivan,

Thank you very much for testing.
Yes, I need to have many testers.

For your problem, first, please send me the console output of hxournal
when you start the application.  I guess its stylus name problem in
X11 setting.
Currently, the detection of wacom pen in hxournal is by checking
a xinput device which is named as "stylus". (as defined in Xorg.conf
in /etc/X11/)
So you need to change X11 name to "stylus" or modify line 23 of the
source code csrc/c_initdevice.c  .

I am going to modify this soon.  (not yet figured out how to detect
the tablet generally,
so I am thinking of making a configuration file for hxournal which has
an information of
the device. )
It has another problem that it always connects to wacom pen if you
have wacom tablet, so mouse input is ignored. I need to enable user to
choose mouse/wacom input.

I released it rather early for getting some attention of interested people.
Let me notify you when modifying the code.

Thank you again for your interest.

Ian-Woo