[Haskell-cafe] Splitting off many/some from Alternative

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 13 23:38:31 CET 2011

On 12 December 2011 22:39, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:
> But now they look as if they are of equal importance with the other
> class methods, which is not really true.

Maybe, but something like this is best fixed by improving
documentation, not by shuffling things around and needlessly breaking
APIs.  I also agree that if an Alternative instance doesn't make sense
it should be removed.   The current documentation is indeed very terse
indeed.  In particular it needs a section on the pitfalls that users
are likely to run into (like infinite loops).