[Haskell-cafe] Announce: The Haskell Platform 2011.4

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sat Dec 17 22:47:46 CET 2011

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 17.12.2011, 16:04 -0500 schrieb Don Stewart:
> We're pleased to announce the release of the Haskell Platform: a
> single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.
>
> Download the Haskell Platform 2011.4.0.0:

we are pleased to announce the release of the Haskell Platform on
Debian: Version 2011.4.0.0 has just been uploaded to the unstable suite.
In a few hours you will see it also on
http://packages.debian.org/sid/haskell-platform

(Ok, this is a bit of cheating; we have packaged the required libraries
already a few weeks back, based on the unreleased platform cabal file at
http://code.haskell.org/haskell-platform/haskell-platform.cabal, and now
just bumped the version number of the meta package.)

If everything goes well the updated packages will be available in Debian
testing (“wheezy”) in two or three days.

Note that Debian slightly deviates from the version constraints as
specified in the official platform package, due to non-platform
libraries and programs requiring newer versions. At the moment, this is:
        alex    version 3.0.1      instead of 2.3.5
        cgi     version 3001.1.8.2 instead of 2001.1.7.4
        network version 2.3.0.6    instead of 2.3.0.5

You can always check the various platform package versions available in
Debian stable (“squeeze”), testing (“wheezy”) and unstable (“sid”) on
http://people.debian.org/~nomeata/platform.html

On behalf of the Debian Haskell Group,
Joachim Breitner

--