[Haskell-cafe] How hard is it to start a web startup using Haskell?

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Dec 18 18:42:15 CET 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Gracjan Polak <gracjanpolak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The question 'How hard is it to start a technical startup with Haskell?'
> happened a couple of times on this list. Sometimes it was in the form 'How hard
> is to find Haskell programmers?' or 'Are there any Haskell jobs?'.
>
> I'd like to provide one data point as an answer:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/ngbbp/haskell_only_esigning_startup_closes_second_angel/
>
> Full disclosure: I'm one of two that founded this startup.
>
> How are others doing businesses using Haskell doing these days?

I don't run a startup myself, but I know of at least three startups
using Haskell for web development (through Yesod), and my company is
basing its new web products on Yesod as well. I think there are plenty
of highly qualified Haskell programmers out there, especially if
you're willing to let someone work remotely.

Michael