[Haskell-cafe] How hard is it to start a web startup using Haskell?

Gracjan Polak gracjanpolak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:30:44 CET 2011

Yves Parès <limestrael <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Bryan O' Sullivans's company and Scrive may not be relevant examples, as they
employ respectively people like, well... ^^ Bryan O'Sullivan and Magnus Carlsson
(the Haskeller, not the singer).So you can expect such people to do wonders.

You are what you create. Someday somebody will say same thing about you and your
friend.

...or you will be famous singers.

> But for instance I personally have one or two ideas of web development (and
I'd love to carry them out using Yesod), but since I've simply been using
Haskell for 2~3 years (and only as a hobby) and since the only guy I personally
know who is the closest to a Haskeller is a friend who is beginning to read RWH.

What you have posted here is essentially a job offer. Let us know how many
people get in contact with you in private just after this single email.

Explain your ideas on paper, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would like
to help you out with your ideas. I know at least some myself.

--
Gracjan