[Haskell-cafe] Images in Haddock documentation: best practices?

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Sun Dec 25 06:04:01 CET 2011

Hi all,

Although it doesn't seem to be documented in the user manual (!),
Haddock supports inline images, using a <<url>> syntax.  I'd like to
include some images in the documentation for a package I'm writing,
but not sure of the best way.

I can, of course, just make the images available under my UPenn
personal web space, and link to them from the documentation.  But this
seems fragile and ad-hoc.  Ideally, I'd like to bundle the images
along with the cabal package, and reference them locally from within
the documentation.  But I haven't figured out a way to do this.

Any ideas?  Has anyone ever included images in Haddock docs before?
Is it possible to bundle them with the package and refer to them
locally?  Or does anyone have any other suggestions?  Are there
specific ways Haddock and/or cabal could be improved to make this
easier?

-Brent