[Haskell-cafe] Twidge using hashtags

Martin de Bruin martin at debruin.se
Sat Dec 31 01:42:10 CET 2011

Hello!

fairly new to twidge. Got it installed and have it setting status etc etc .
I'm maintaing a local website supporting the eating of a seasonal pastry in
a highly competitve fashion. A race of sorts. The contestant eating the
most from january first to good friday wins. To keep the eating as
transparent as possible one must report each pastry on the web. However, I
feel this is not very 2012.

I'm thinking about going about the new version allowing reporting to be
done via twitter and picking it up with Twidge. To keep everything as much
in the open as possible I'd like to have all contestants twittering the
eating of a pastry mentioning the "official twitter account of the website"
and throw in a hashtag like #report and then some comment.

I'll then read the feed periodically via cron on the server and update the
highscore database.

Am I making sense? The longer I typed the above the more I started thinkng
about just doing something in PHP...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Martin