[Haskell-cafe] Review request for "platform independent interactive graphics" with VNC

Ryan Yates fryguybob at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:56:28 CET 2011

Hi Kashyap,

What a fun project!  I was able to build and run on Windows (GHC 6.12.3 and
TightVNC 1.4.4) with a few minor changes:

Remove from Chitra\Canvas.hs

import Network.Server
import Network.Socket

I think these are artifacts from a previous version and are not used.  For
whatever reason getAddrInfo with the parameters given in RFB\Server.hs
 returns some IPv6 address on my system.  Changing the second parameter from
Nothing to (Just "127.0.0.1") made things work for me.

Attached is the Cabal file I used to build (it wasn't clear what license
things are under so those fields are commented out).

Ryan Yates