[Haskell-cafe] File position

Permjacov Evgeniy permeakra at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:15:53 CET 2011

Is there any way to get current position from System.IO.Handle as
Integer? If no, what other <b> windows/unix portable</b> IO function set
of file io with this functionality you can suggest? keeping track of
current position by hand is not an option, sorry.

I'm thinking about c's low-level functions such as open, read, write,
but there is no such functions in windows and I do not know if libc from
haskell platform provides emulation. If it does, I'll use lowlevel c
functions brainfree.