[Haskell-cafe] Unrecognized function symbols in .prof

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 8 23:07:30 CET 2011

On Tuesday 08 February 2011 22:18:14, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> * Iavor Diatchki <iavor.diatchki at gmail.com> [2011-02-07 23:45:58-0800]
>
> > Another option would be to look at the generated core by using
> > -ddump-simpl when compiling. This will generate a whole bunch of
> > output, which you can redirect to a file and the search for the
> > mysterious symbols inside.
>
> IIRC they are generated at random each time.

Yes, but if you -ddump-simpl the profiling compilation, the profiling
symbols should be those in the generated core, shouldn't they?

Unfortunately, that won't help Lee since his mysterious symbols come from a
library (unless he goes to the trouble of unpacking the library and
recompiling it in his source tree to get the symbols).