[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Summers of Code retrospective (updated for 2010)

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 00:18:17 CET 2011

2 years ago in February 2009, I wrote up a history of Summers of Code
through 2008 (http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2009-February/055489.html).
But the Wheel turns, and years come and pass, leaving memories that
fade into 404s; a wind rose in Mountain View, whispering of the coming
Summer...

I have considerably expanded and updated the coverage:
http://www.gwern.net/Haskell%20Summer%20of%20Code.html

It now covers the 2009 & 2010 SoCs, adds scads of links, flips the
appraisal of some of the older SoCs as time passed and more info came
to light, and adds a section discussing 12 proposals from the
subreddit & Trac.

(It's long enough that I don't feel comfortable copying it inline as I
did 2 years ago.)

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net