[Haskell-cafe] Cabal && license combinations

Vivian McPhail haskell.vivian.mcphail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 07:00:14 CET 2011

> > It seems then that a package should be the least restrictive
> > combination of all the licenses in all the contained modules.
>
> Omit the words "least restrictive" and I think you are correct.
>
> To combine licences, just aggregate them.  There is no lattice of
> subsumption; no "more" or "less" restrictive ordering.

I was thinking that the lattice was already flattened into a list of
licences.  Currently the top-level package has a single licence field which
is an arbitrary disjunctive choice.  Much better is a conjunctive
aggregation which is just as or less restrictive than the arbitrary
disjunctive choice.

Cheers,

Vivian

P.S. OK := acknowledge [ACK]