[Haskell-cafe] ANN: unordered-containers - a new, faster hashing-based containers library

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 21:04:19 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Louis Wasserman
<wasserman.louis at gmail.com> wrote:
> A couple thoughts:
> size takes O(n).  That's just depressing.  Really.

This applies to all the container types. We could support O(1) size at
the cost of slowing down e.g lookup, insert, and delete a little bit.
I haven't measure how much yet. Would it be worth it?

> Do you think union, intersection, etc. could be supported?
> Louis Wasserman

Definitely. I plan to add most of the Data.Map API. We cannot support
the ordered operations (such as min) but we should be able to support
the rest.

Johan