[Haskell-cafe] Is there something better than tags?

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 14:54:53 CET 2011

On 02/22/2011 12:26 PM, Marc Weber wrote:

> learn about gd and gD those are not perfect though.
> Also keep in mind that # * start searches on words.
> They all are not language aware so they are only bad replacements for
> what you're looking for.
When we are talking about such simple helpers then you may want to check
out:
Mark : Highlight several words in different colors simultaneously.
I also like showmarks to highlight interesting places:
ShowMarks : Visually shows the location of marks.

>> 2. Retrieve type information for local defintions ('let', 'where',
>> 'do'), and ideally also for sub expressions (like ':t filter (== 1)'.
>> I believe haskellmode uses GHCi to get the type information out, but
> I only know about scion which comes closest to what you ask for.
> (http://github.com/MarcWeber/scion-backend-vim)
Is this a correct summary?
* can load cabal components (all files of the component)
* can do type checking on buffer write
* can show type of any symbol under cursor if the file type checks