[Haskell-cafe] Install GTK on Windows

Daniel Díaz danieldiaz at asofilak.es
Fri Feb 25 13:40:13 CET 2011

Hi, cafe,

I know this has been treated many times, but I've tried install GTK so
hard without any success that I decided to ask for help.

Firstly, I followed the instructions listed in HaskellWiki [1]. No results.

Then, I followed the instruction from the Mark Shroyer blog [2]. No results.

I did some mixing of the two guides, too, but my error was always the same:

Configuring cairo-0.12.0...
[...]
setup.exe: Missing dependencies on foreign libraries:
* Missing C libraries: z, cairo

Configuring glib-0.12.0...
[...]
setup.exe: Missing dependencies on foreign libraries:
* Missing C libraries: gobject-2.0, gthread-2.0, glib-2.0, intl

I've searched for these libraries, and, with --extra-include-dirs=, I've
included them. But the same error was thrown.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or, perhaps, I'm missing something.

Any help is welcomed!

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Díaz