[Haskell-cafe] Building lambdabot

Joe Bruce bruce.joe.r at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 02:16:24 CET 2011

I've had a bit of an adventure trying to build and run
lambdabot<http://hackage.haskell.org/package/lambdabot-4.2.2.1> on
my box.  'cabal install lambdabot' does not work.  It states it's not GHC
6.12 (and certainly not 7.0) compatible, but I tried 6.12 anyway and got
nowhere.  Next, I tried 6.10 but failed on the unix dependency (in the same
manner as this thread<http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/nDNOvQMXUGwfkyy0ITet>).
 The thread is unresolved, so I've not tried modifying the cabal
build-depends.  I'm hoping to find someone who has a working lambdabot setup
who can point me in the right direction.  What further information about my
struggles should I provide?

Thanks,
Joe