[Haskell-cafe] Polymorphic function over pairs of maybes.

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Jan 6 20:50:34 CET 2011

Edward Amsden schrieb:
> Aditya: Not quite, because I'm actually looking to extract values from
> a functor (Maybe) with a default.
>
> Stephen: Thanks, I'll take a look at those. I do have a need for it.
> I'm writing a very similar library to Yampa. (I would be patching
> Yampa, but the code is a mess, so I decided to try starting from
> scratch.)
> Basically, I have a signal processing loop, where values are passed
> updated with a Maybe, representing whether there is or is not a change
> to the value.

Hm, I have written a lot of signal processing stuff in Haskell (see
packages synthesizer-core, synthesizer-llvm etc.), but so far I did not
need to cope with all Maybes in a data structure at once. Does it happen
very often for you, that a value does not change? I only need a Maybe
for showing when a signal stops. But every signal processor maintains
its own Maybe (synthesizer-core:Synthesizer.Signal.State,
Synthesizer.Process.Causal).