[Haskell-cafe] Browser Game Engine

Luke Palmer lrpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 00:18:02 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 8:26 PM, Tom Hawkins <tomahawkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to create a simple browser game using Haskell.  It would be
> nothing complicated: basic 2D graphics, limited sound, and minimal
> network traffic.
>
> What is the recommended medium?  Flash or JavaScript+SVG?

Unity3D is scriptable with Javascript and runs in browser.  Not sure
how difficult it would be to get the existing Javascript backends to
interface with that library, but it's worth a shot.  I highly
recommend Unity3D, it's a very complete game development tool (and is
just fine for 2D despite the name).

Luke