[Haskell-cafe] Problems installing the haskell platform

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Jan 19 15:30:27 CET 2011

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 19.01.2011, 13:52 +0000 schrieb Henry Laxen:
> I know some of you will say use the debian packages.  Well I did that,
> but when I tried to install snap, which is not included in the debian
> packages, I wound up with conflicting dependencies, and could not find
> a way out.  I hope this dialog is helpful to whomever is in charge of
> the haskell platform, a wonderful resource by the way.

I’m not trying to talk you out of building everything on your own, which
is something where you learn a lot. Nevertheless I’m curious which kind
of problems you had when trying to use the Debian packages, and if they
are specific to the Debian packages?

My experience with ghc and lots of package from Debian, cabal-install
from Debian and then "cabal install"’ing (as a user!) everything not in
Debian is pretty good so far.

Greetings,
Joachim

--