[Haskell-cafe] Data.Ranges show error

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:04:31 CET 2011

On Saturday 22 January 2011 17:42:39, Aaron Gray wrote:
> > What's your locale?
> > Could also be that GHC tries to interpret UTF-8 in your locale and
> > barfs on that.
>
> Not sure ? Vista's default.

Which probably isn't UTF-8. There must be an analogue of locale on Windows
to check.

> > > Are you on Windows ?
> >
> > No, linux.
>
> Ah
>
> How do I get Cabal to install a package from disk rather than from the
> internet ?

If it's unpacked, just cd into the package directory and do a

$ cabal install

there (optionally provide further command line args, but not the package
name)

or

$ runghc ./Setup.hs configure --user
$ runghc ./Setup.hs build
$ runghc ./Setup.hs install

If it's a .tar.gz, I don't know if cabal already supports installing those
from a specified location (i.e., not from hackage or its cache).

> Many thanks,
>
> Aaron

Cheers,
Daniel