[Haskell-cafe] combined parsing & pretty-printing

Chung-chieh Shan ccshan at post.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 26 19:49:50 CET 2011

Ozgur Akgun <ozgurakgun at gmail.com> wrote in article <AANLkTi=ik=Ft2pfwBxhG0BaHvskBT-gf7K1ZX+2UAH_T at mail.gmail.com> in gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe:
> I working on a DSL represented by a algebraic data type with many
> constructors. I can write (separately) a parser and a pretty-printer for it,
> and I am doing so at the moment. However, this way it feels like repeating
> the same information twice.
>
> Is there any work to combine the two?

Tillmann Rendel and Klaus Ostermann's Haskell Symposium 2010 paper is
one work to combine the two.  You can also use Ranta's Grammatical
Framework (JFP 2004), which has a production implementation and
additional linguistic theory behind it.

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
Insert wit here.