[Haskell-cafe] video for linux two (v4l2) bindings

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at goto10.org
Sat Jul 9 00:16:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 05/07/11 10:19, Christopher Done wrote:
[snip]
> /usr/bin/ld: /home/chris/.cabal/lib/bindings-posix-1.2.2/ghc-6.12.3/libHSbindings-posix-1.2.2.a(Signal.o):(.text+0x5dfb):
> error: undefined reference to 'pthread_kill'
[snip]
> I guess on Claude's system it's linked to by default.  So for guys
> trying the examples with that error I'd recommend the following
> commandline:
>
>    cabal install v4l2-examples --ghc-option=-lpthread

I think this could be a bug in bindings-posix (maintainer CC'd), I guess
it could do with this in its .cabal file:

     Extra-libraries: pthread

> Can't really play about with the webcam right now but I'd had a small
> but cool project I've had in mind for a while that v4l is perfectly
> suited for, so I'll get back to you with my experiences. Thanks for
> releasing it, Claude. :-)

Cool, look forward to seeing it!  Hopefully I'll soon find time to
upload to Hackage a preliminary (feature-incomplete) release of the
higher-level interface that I'm working on; until then:
https://gitorious.org/hsv4l2/v4l2

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org