[Haskell-cafe] The Typeable class is changing

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 22:32:16 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:22 PM, jutaro <jnf at arcor.de> wrote:
> I hope that typeRepKey is no longer in the IO monad (for the simple reason to
> teach me that the key can change between session).

If it's implementation dependent then I see no reason for it to be in
IO (this was mentioned on another ML).  On the other hand, something
that changes run-to-run strikes me as good to keep in IO, otherwise
I'd be too tempted to serialize & save it for some purpose and get
confused while a later read was corrupt.

Cheers,
Thomas