[Haskell-cafe] Call for GUI examples - Functional Reactive Programming

Paul Liu ninegua at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:51:38 CEST 2011

You guys might want to checkout the recent work on Euterpea at Yale
CS. In particular:

1. Paul Hudak is writing a new book. http://plucky.cs.yale.edu/cs431/reading.htm
2. It uses FRP and arrows for sound synthesis.
3. It combines FRP signals with monadic (which recently gets
re-written in arrows) GUI composition.
4. New novel techniques is being developed to handle I/O within arrows
framework.

The code can be obtained through darcs, details at
http://plucky.cs.yale.edu/cs431/software_resources.htm

Notably, the way it handles GUI is that the composition of widgets are
static, but the signals flowing between them are dynamic. This closely
follows Conal Elliott's Phooey approach, and greatly reduces the
complexity of GUI programming.

Disclaimer: I was an ex-student who worked on this project.

Regards,
Paul Liu

--
Regards,