[Haskell-cafe] How to determine minimal dependency of package

Daniel Patterson lists.haskell at dbp.mm.st
Fri Jul 15 17:04:36 CEST 2011

Based on the package versioning policy [1], A.B is a major version, so if you know that it works with 1.2, then it is reasonably safe to specify the range >= 1.2 && <1.3, as no major api breaking changes should occur within the 1.2 range (ie, 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, etc)

1. http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Package_versioning_policy#Version_numbers