[Haskell-cafe] Why aren't files flushed at exit?

Jack Henahan jhenahan at uvm.edu
Mon Jul 18 00:03:22 CEST 2011

Is there really no question? I question the assertion, for one. Just because a language allows a bad habit doesn't mean it's a feature. Leaving your handles open can lead to unpredictable results, which is somewhat anathema to the idea of correct programs, unless broken features are part of your spec.

Out of curiosity, which languages `get this right', to your way of thinking?