[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANN: boomerang and web-routes-boomerang

Janis Voigtländer jv at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jul 21 21:27:24 CEST 2011

Am 21.07.2011 21:19, schrieb Jeremy Shaw:
> Nope. It is not related.
>
> It is also not related to the GSM library:
>
> http://www.programmersheaven.com/download/29760/download.aspx
>
> or the decompiler:
>
> http://boomerang.sourceforge.net/index.php
>
> Perhaps picking an original name would have been a wise choice. But it
> was the only I idea I had :)
>
> I am only inclined to change it if there is a strong chance of people
> wanting to use the boomerang name on hackage to refer to something
> related to the harmony boomerang project..

Well, I don't know. But as a matter of fact, the Boomerang language is
much closer to your library in spirit (and possibly techniques) than any
of the other projects you mention. First hit at Google for "Boomerang
functional programming" -> http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~harmony/

Also, it does have parsers and pretty printers as one application
instance. So there is potential for confusion.

Best,
Janis.

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Janis Voigtländer