[Haskell-cafe] Problem with linker

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 01:43:57 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Alejandro Serrano Mena
<trupill at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been looking for some information and it seems to be related with the
> fact that Hoogle first builds a library and then build an executable using
> the library, but all files get recompiled in that second pass.
> Is there any way to workaround this problem?

Upgrading Cabal / cabal-install is a good place to start, if you're
not already using the 0.10's.  I also suggest using cabal-dev, since
issues like this can be caused by combinations of dependencies that
conflict.

There's a good chance that you just have a weird mix of compiled
libraries that don't all work together, and cabal isn't able/willing
to rebuild everything necessary to make all the things in your user
package db work together.

I very recently installed Hoogle locally, on a fresh system, so I'm
fairly confident it's still possible without too many headaches :).

--Rogan