[Haskell-cafe] cap 3: stopping thread 3 (stackoverflow)

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Tue Jun 7 10:21:36 CEST 2011

I am running a Haskell program with some par/pseq annotations.

When I use threadscope to view the eventlog (not "timeline" but "events")
I see a lot of stackoverflow messages. What is this?

I don't get any RTS errors printed on the console.
The program finishes normally (albeit with less speedup than expected)

Should I file this as a possible GHC RTS bug? At least the output is confusing.

(... and why can't I copy/paste the text from threadscope's output window)