[Haskell-cafe] Comment Syntax

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Tue Jun 7 12:14:31 CEST 2011

Guy <guytsalmaves-h at yahoo.com> writes:

> Out of interest, is there any other language where the comment
> delimiter is invalid if immediately followed by a symbol?

Perl has a rather infamous example where the comment syntax may depend
on run-time properties - would that count?

  whatever  / 25 ; # / ; die "this dies!";

Depending on the definition of 'whatever', the # might introduce a
comment - or it might not.

Anyway, I think very few languages allow definition of new symbolic
operators, so it's hard to make a useful comparison.

-k