[Haskell-cafe] Input and output of mathematical expressions

Jerzy Karczmarczuk jerzy.karczmarczuk at unicaen.fr
Mon Jun 13 11:56:21 CEST 2011

Pedro Vasconcelos comments:
> Regarding the rendering math formulas on web browsers: you might want to
> have a look at MathJax (http://www.mathjax.org/). You can use LaTeX or
> MathML and will work in most browsers (even if when they don't natively
> support MathML).
Don't forget two other (which I have been using for years)

LaTeXMathML : http://math.etsu.edu/LaTeXMathML/
jsMath : http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/

The first needs MathML, obviously, but I won't use browser which ignores
it... Thios is one script, fairly readable. The second one is much
bigger. Used by Planet Math, integrated into Drupal, etc.
I confess I tried to write something which displayed math fromHaskell, I
gave even a project of that kind to my student. But the solutions exist
already and are known, so...

See e.g.
http://www.twingly.com/haskell/stories/4013ffd773e942fdb4b9cf2cb7c0089e

Jerzy Karczmarczuk