[Haskell-cafe] Please help : Data.Time.Format parseTime

Vincent Gerard vincent at xenbox.fr
Tue Jun 14 23:16:02 CEST 2011

Hello Dmitri,

It seems that your format pattern does not match exactly the format of
the input, thus the parser returns Nothing.

Try the following format string which seems to work with your date:

parseTime defaultTimeLocale "%m/%d/%Y %l:%M:%S %p" ds :: Maybe
UTCTime returns : Just 2009-10-11 19:04:28 UTC

The parsings errors in your format could come from
 .  %D expects a 2 char year
 .  %H expects a 0 padded hour (like 07, not 7)

Regards,

Vincent Gerard