[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: doctest-0.3.0

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Fri Jun 17 10:49:28 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 20:22 +0200, Simon Hengel wrote:
> doctest is a port of Python's doctest[2] to Haskell.  It can be used to
> verify, that examples in Haddock comments[3] do still work.  This also
> provides you with a simple mechanism to write unit test, without the
> burden of maintaining a dedicated test suite.

I was wondering whether doctest could somehow be integrated with
Haskell's test-framework[1] and/or HTF package[2], as an additional
test-provider, as I tend to write trivial test-cases as haddock comments
but more extensive ones as dedicated unit-tests. This would be possible
with Python's `nose` testing-framework[3]

Do You have any suggestions/ideas how that could be accomplished?

cheers,
hvr

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/test-framework-0.4.0
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HTF