[Haskell-cafe] Best Linux Distro for >>=

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sun Jun 19 13:03:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 19.06.2011, 20:59 +1000 schrieb Ivan Lazar Miljenovic:
> So the Debian Haskell team then has to update the apt package when
> there's an ABI mismatch (that is, a dependency has been updated or
> rebuilt with a new ABI)?  Or is this done automagically somehow for
> the user?

we have to semi-manually start a binNMU (Debian slang for: Leave the
source untouched, but rebuild the binary package). We have a script that
detects which packages need to be rebuilt, which I run occasionally or
when I have reasons to assume that it is needed (usually, you know that
you broke some depending packages). The user can then not upgrade or
install the broken packages for a day or two.

We never build something on the users machine. After all, we are not
Gentoo ;-). Well, besides the documentation index :-)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner