[Haskell-cafe] Probably type checker error.

Miguel Mitrofanov miguelimo38 at yandex.ru
Sun Jun 19 17:51:40 CEST 2011

Seems like let-generalization is at work here.

Types of all values in the "where" section are inferred basically as if they are declared at the top level. Therefore, inheritance fails without NoMonomorphismRestriction.

There is a proposal (from Big Simon) to remove let-generalization: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/constraints/let-gen.pdf