[Haskell-cafe] Haskell IDE

Michal Konečný mik at konecny.aow.cz
Thu Mar 3 17:05:11 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Hauschild, Klaus (EXT)
<klaus.hauschild.ext at siemens.com> wrote:
> whats your Haskell IDE of choise? Currently I use leksah. Is the EclipseFP
> Plugin for Eclipse a real alternative?

I use EclipseFP 2.0.2 on a few fairly large projects and am overall very happy
with it despite a few flaws, eg:

- it currently signals an error in source code files with non-latin-1 unicode
characters
- it does not build projects that include C files
- I find it fairly slow on very large projects as it continuously rebuilds
them as you type, but it is not as slow as this kind of approach may seem to
imply

I especially appreciate:
- how well it highlights compiler errors
- the outline of a module

I do not use code completion beyond the generic Alt-/, so I do not have an
opinion on how well this is supported in eclipsefp.

Michal