[Haskell-cafe] haskell mailing lists followup?

teerlist at acanac.net teerlist at acanac.net
Wed Mar 16 18:13:18 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 04:44:26PM -0700, wren ng thornton wrote:
[...]
> come through. So maybe re-enabling delivery fixed it this time?

I hadn't dug to find Kenneth Hoste's original message Wed Mar 9
15:40:45 CET on the Haskell list. That had enough info to localise the
problem: haskell.org wasn't using a fully-qualified hostname when
initiating (E)SMTP transfers. Apparently some receiving systems still
accepted that.
  http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2011-March/022624.html

Simon Marlow replied Mon Mar 14 15:27:25 CET to Kenneth "Ian Lynagh
has just fixed this on the server."
  http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2011-March/022640.html

> Earlier today I got messages from the three lists I'm on (libraries@,
> haskell-cafe@, glasgow-haskell-users@) about delivery being disabled due
> to excessive bounces.

Hmm, curious about my email to you being delayed, and also I might
look into not ever seeing those notices regarding disabled (but in case the
haskell list recipient doesn't seem to be available, then ...?).

Thanks,

Peter Ross