[Haskell-cafe] How large is the Haskell community ?

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:18:58 CET 2011

> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Jan Christiansen <jac at informatik.uni-kiel.de> wrote:
>
>     On 12.02.2011, at 21:18, Aaron Gray wrote:
>
>         I was wondering if anyone had an idea or estimate as to how large the Haskell community is ?
>
>     All the answers made me wonder what the criterion is to be a member of the Haskell
> community. Are you a member if you downloaded
>     ghc, if you have (at least once) defined a Monad instance, if you have written a hackage
> package, if you have contributed to the
>     Monad.Reader, if you have a github account with at least one Haskell project, if you read at
> least one of the haskell mailing
>     lists, if you contribute to a haskell mailing list (perhaps on a regular basis), if you post on
> reddit, if you answer/ask
>     questions on stackoverflow, if you have written at least 10000 lines of code in Haskell,
Manatee in developing, 26050 lines ...

The real world program that written by Haskell.

http://goo.gl/MkVw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weS6zys3U8k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3DgKDVkyeM

I do not care how large haskell community now,
I only know ours efforts make haskell community become more powerful!

  -- Andy