[Haskell-cafe] unregisterised plan9 port

* midbra86 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 09:20:58 CET 2011

Hi there.

I am trying to get an unregisterised build of ghc 7.0.2 working and am
having problems turning mangling off.

When I build the compiler with

GhcUnregisterized = YES
GhcWithNativeCodeGen = NO
SplitObjs          = NO
BeConservative = YES

The 'evil mangler' is still used.  When I disable it at the command line
with -fno-asm-mangling the FB_ macro is still put into the
generated C.

I just want to turn everything related to this dreaded "evil mangler" off,
and still produce working executables.
Are there things that I could set in the build.mk file to do this, or is it
more involved?

I have read some things in the mailing list and the bug tracker that (to my
ignorant and slightly confused ears)
seem to suggest that this unregisterised is problematic or depreciated or
something.

If this is the case I would be perfectly happy using an older version of the
compiler, and would be grateful if someone
could point me to a specific older version number where this stuff builds
with less hassel.  I don't care how out of date
it is.

In case you are wondering, I am attempting to get an unregisterised port of
ghc working in plan9, an operating system that
has yet to be blessed with a haskell implementation (hugs doesn't count :P)

Plan 9 has a gcc port, an older one, but it should be fine.