[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: incremental-parser library package

Mario Blažević mblazevic at stilo.com
Tue Mar 22 18:23:47 CET 2011

> This seems very interesting. One question:
>
> > The MonadPlus and the Alternative instance differ: the former's mplus
> > combinator equals the asymmetric <<|> choice.
>
> Why?

    Good question. Basically, I see MonadPlus as a union of Monad and
Alternative. The class should not exist at all. But as long as it does, I
figured I should provide an instance, and I made it different from the
Monoid+Alternative combination because otherwise it would be useless. My
second choice would be to remove the instance completely.