[Haskell-cafe] STM, newArray, and a stack overflow?

Jake McArthur jake.mcarthur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:19:32 CET 2011

On 03/23/2011 10:34 AM, Ketil Malde wrote:
> It works (calling the same function) from GHCi, but breaks when
> compiled.  Also when compiling with -O0.

Confirmed for GHC 7.0.2. Works fine in GHCi, but compiling it (in my
case, with -O) and running the executable causes a stack overflow unless
I run it with +RTS -K16m, and even then it spends 90% of its time in GC.
This looks like it is probably a bug, to me. Maybe it should be reported
in GHC's Trac?

- Jake