[Haskell-cafe] Iteratee, ghc 6.12/7.0 strange behaviour - epollControl: permission denied (Operation not permitted)

Michael A Baikov pacak at bk.ru
Mon Mar 28 19:31:39 CEST 2011

I am still playing with lastest iteratee and i think i found something strange.

let's suppose we have a file test.hs like this:

import Data.Iteratee
import Data.Iteratee.IO
import Data.Iteratee.Char

main = fileDriver printLines "/etc/passwd"

It works fine when executed via runhaskell / ghci in ghc 6.12. Compiled version in ghc 7
also works, but when i am trying to execute it via runhaskell / ghci i am getting this error:

iter.hs: epollControl: permission denied (Operation not permitted)

Any ideas?