[Haskell-cafe] HsOpenSSL package fails to install

Rob Nikander rob.nikander at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 00:20:31 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I tried `cabal install HsOpenSSL` and it died with some errors about
'i2d_of_void'.   I'm on Mac OS X, gcc 4.2.  The symbol 'i2d_of_void'
is defined by a macro in the openssl/asn1.h header, which is
indirectly included, so I don't see the problem.   Any ideas?

If this is a bug, is there a standard way to report it?   Email the
package maintainer in this case?

thanks,
Rob

cbits/HsOpenSSL.c: In function ‘HsOpenSSL_DSAPublicKey_dup’:

cbits/HsOpenSSL.c:220:0:
     error: ‘i2d_of_void’ undeclared (first use in this function)

cbits/HsOpenSSL.c:220:0:
     error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

[... cascading errors from there ...]