[Haskell-cafe] Summer of Code Mentors for Language.C

Aaron Tomb atomb at galois.com
Tue Mar 29 21:05:34 CEST 2011

Hello Andrew,

This is something I've been wanting for a while, and I'd definitely be interested in mentoring the work. We'd want to work together (along with Benedikt Huber, the current maintainer) to define a specific scope that's appropriate for the summer of code. A fully-compliant internal pre-processor could be quite a lot of work, but it may be possible to come up with something that would be close enough to be useful, and have a plan for how to continue working on it after the summer.

However, I should mention that the Haskell community has put together a fairly long list of potential projects, many of which are more widely useful than Language.C work. This may mean that it would have a relatively low chance of being accepted. A high-quality proposal would help the odds, however. :)

Aaron

--
Aaron Tomb
Galois, Inc. (http://www.galois.com)