[Haskell-cafe] Computational Physics in Haskell

Azeem -ul-Hasan azeeem at live.com
Thu Mar 31 09:54:30 CEST 2011

I am only a sophomore and haven't taken any course in Computational Physics. So what I would like will be to take a library or program with some excellent documentation and use it as a base for  learning about computational physics and Haskell. This is one of the things I plan to do in summer. So, I please make suggestions in this regard.
Mihai, from your suggestions HODE and Bullet seem good and little further down I saw  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/QIO which is very interesting as most probably I will be taking a course on Quantum Computation after summer and this might make it more interesting.
KC's idea of converting an existing such program written in some other language to Haskell is also very exciting, but the program needs to be extensively documented and it would help if it is written in Matlab or Perl , as these are the only languages besides Haskell I have some degree of familiarity with. Another course can be to take some book on Computational Physics and try to implement its ideas in Haskell. So any suggestions is these regards?
Azeem